Golf Illustrated Sponsor St Andrews Golf Festival Awards 2012
We are delighted to announce that Golf Illustrated have become the sponsor for the very first St Andrews Golf Festival Awards 2012. The prestigious magazine that has a rich golfing history going back over 100 years, has recently been relaunched in the UK to much praise.
With a mixture of golf history, art, literature and golf course architecture, the magazine is aimed at the connoisseur golfer who has a passion for all things golf related.
Speaking today, Roger McStravick, CEO of the St Andrews Golf Festival said, 'We were hoping with the Awards night to create a unique event that celebrated the best of golf culture from golf art and literature to the very spirit of the game. With Golf Illustrated joining us, this evening promises to be very special indeed. As a magazine, they have some of the best images of St Andrews going back to the days of Old Tom Morris. Simply a perfect fit.'
The award categories are:
- St. Andrews Golf Festival Award for Honour and Integrity
- Literati of the Links Award for Golf Literature
- Keepers of the Green Award for Courage
- St. Andrews Golf Art Award
- St. Andrews Golf Festival Award for Golf Humor
- Lawrence Levy Award for Golf Photography
- Golf Surveys Ltd. Award for Lifetime Achievement in Golf Course Architecture
- Babe Zaharias Award for Outstanding Contributions to Ladies Golf
- Planet Golf Award for Best Golf Course Design
- Spirit of St. Andrews Award (Golf Illustrated readers vote)
The event is at the Younger Hall, St Andrews and is open to all. Free entry.
Doors open at 6.30pm. Show starts at 7pm.